I don't know about you, but I love Top 10 lists if they are done well. I'm starting with Oakbrook Lakewood, WA because I have lived here for 8 years. We are deeply invested in this community as we have started and maintained community beautification projects throughout those 8 years.
Location: Oakbrook is located off of 87th & Steilacoom Blvd in Lakewood, WA. It is comprised of East side and West side. The dividing line is Onyx. Oakbrook ends at Phillips Rd.
Population: Oakbrook is a fairly large community with over 1,200 homes.
Well, here are the top 12 best things about living in Oakbrook, Lakewood, WA:
- It's natural beauty. Oakbrook is a mature neighborhood nestled around a greenbelt. It's tall trees and mature landscaping make it a very beautiful place to live. On any given day you can see deer roaming the yards, rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, birds, raccoons, and in certain areas, bald eagles.
- Nearly every house is unique. It's not like a cookie cutter development. Homes were built over decades and there are many custom homes that reside in this area. From mid-century modern, to craftsman to contemporary flat roofed homes, Cape Cod, Tudor styled homes to Asian styled and everything in between. I believe this reflects the diversity of the residents of the neighborhood - especially when the homes were being designed and built. The lot sizes are larger than newer developments as well.
- The west side of Oakbrook has truly awesome views of the Puget Sound with brilliant sunsets every evening as well as the ability to watch fireworks across the sound and Steilacoom.
- It has two golf courses and one frisbee golf course.
- It has a great restaurant in the heart of this bedroom community with close proximity to other good dining options:
- Oakhouse Restaurant and Bar which is attached to the golf course - many of the menu items are handmade. Fabulous burgers, drinks and spectacular outdoor dining in the heart of Oakbrook off Zircon.
- 7 min to De La Terre, Topside Bar & Grill, Behrs Drug Store in Steilacoom, WA
- 3 min to Kinja Terriyaki, 5 min to Mis Tres Amigos on Steilacoom Blvd. / Oakbrook
- 12 min to Chamber's Bay Golf Course and Restaurant in University Place
- 12 min to Long Beach Cafe Thai Food in Lakewood Towne Shopping Center
- 10 minutes to the Lakewood Towne Shopping Center in Lakewood.
- 1-3 minutes to a major grocery store (Albertsons), hardware store (Ace Hardware), and auto store (AutoZone).
- 1-3 minutes to a great dentist (Dr. Kerr and Ianelli), great eye doctor (Dr. Kim at Rainier Eye)
- 11 minutes to Farmer's Market held at City Hall in Lakewood. Every Tuesday.