An inspection-ready home presents itself best for evaluation and helps the entire process go more smoothly. Pillar To Post Home Inspectors recommends sellers take these steps prior to the home inspection:
- Provide keys to any locked areas.
- Allow access to the attic, basement or crawlspace, garage, and yard.
- Make sure our inspector will be able to readily access:
- The electrical panel
- Main water shutoff
- Water heater
- Central AC unit
- Gas meter
- Sellers should plan to be away from the home for the duration of the inspection, which is typically 2-1/2 to 3 hours. It may take longer if the home is very old or very large.
- Store small valuables and medications out of sight and in a safe location or consider taking these items with them when they leave.
- Remove pets or keep them safely crated.
- Provide copies of records/warranties for any major improvements – furnace, roof, etc. to show when the work was completed.
RE/MAX Northwest Realtors
Let's connect on Facebook
Five Star Zillow Agent
2017-2020 RE/MAX Top Producer
Top 1% Producer of Pierce & Thurston Counties
2019 - RE/MAX Hall of Fame & Platinum Club
2018 - RE/MAX Platinum Club
4801 S. 19th St, Suite 200
Tacoma, WA 98405
This post was graciously provided to us by: