Happy New Year! We want to thank you for making 2018 a great year for us personally and professionally.
Today is the first page of a 365 day book. And, today, we're writing the story of what we hope is a great love story. Love of work, love of play and love of our circle. This year, we are looking to bring you more value and on a regular basis. Every month, we're going to carefully curate some tips, tricks, design and health ideas for you and your home. Enjoy being ----------
Being happy in the new year can be defined as a state of contentment brought on by many activities (or lack thereof). Here are a few ideas that we hope will inspire you to be content.
- Looking inward... in your home that is. Does your home make you feel comfortable or bring you joy? Here are some tips from the author of The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up. Also, if you're looking for ideas for redesigning your kitchen, the heart of the home and where we spend a great deal of time, here are 15 Gorgeous Kitchen Trends for 2019 that are sure to match any style.
- Looking outward... if one of your resolutions is to help our Earth, here are 10 things you can do today to help reduce Climate Change. We, personally, are making a commitment to use less plastic, straws and reduce our meat consumption! However, there are many more ways we will be more intentional in the coming year.
Every year, most people include health as an item on their new year game plan. Here are a few ideas to get you started!
- Meatless Monday... our daughter went vegan a little over a year ago and she's been such an inspiration regarding the way we view meat. If you're looking to do a meatless Monday, try out this tried and true yummiest black bean burger recipe. The first time around is a little time consuming, but it's easy and you can freeze the rest for even easier future dinners! We do this recipe without bread and just put avo, tomatoes, lettuce and the chipotle mayo. Delish! (Tip: when you are freezing, use two pieces of wax paper between each burger so they don't stick together!)
- Household brands and products we've used for years we take for granted are not healthy for us, our family or pets. Shane recently found an article that highlighted some brands and products we use regularly and we were shocked to see. Here is a website that you can visit to see how the products you use rate.
Our place of safety, warmth and comfort. The tip below will not only help with your health, it will help your pocketbook by keeping your furnace well for longer and save you money on your electricity bill.
- Air filters... something we don't see and think of often - only when we need change out a few times a year, if we remember. Pollutants that get into indoor air—such as dust, pollen, animal dander, mold and smoke—can have serious health effects, ranging from respiratory irritation to cancer. Check out this article that talks about maintaining healthy air in your home.
Hope you enjoyed this bit of information and hope it brings value! If you have any questions or thoughts, feel free to reach out at any time.
Wishing you a most healthy, happy and prosperous 2019!
Lisa and Shane Klinkhammer
(Oh... and p.s. another little tid bit, Shane's company has changed from RE/MAX Professionals to RE/MAX Northwest - same company, new name/owners.)